The past week I have focussed on going through the whole proces. My planning consisted of the following parts.
- Building a patch on my Eurorack synth.
- Programming sequences for that patch.
- Recording it.
- Making samples out of the recording.
- Making a composition with the sample pack
- Finishing the track.
As a study and research subject I took scales, tonality and musical notes.
My planning was pretty clear, now onto what really happend. The patch I partially finished and I started doubting my choices surrounding the layout of modules in my cases. So back to the drawing board and trying to downsize a bit for this project. In order not to get lost and keep patching. Less is more.
After this rebuild I have recorded a small drone and got on with it. I was way out of my planning as a result. So for next week my planning remains roughly the same. Learned a lot though and had a reaffirmation that my framework is solid.
It’s just not that straightforward , it will remain a search to what works and what doesn’t.
And given the limited time I get to spend on this project every planning I don’t meet automatically means a delay. Just as it was the case last week. But that in itself isn’t a real problem. The end result will still be there.
I will keep making (and adjusting) my planning and try sticking with it. It gives a very nice structure to the whole proces , and it has a build in continuity , ever since I started working this way I have been at it every week for that set amount of time. Which in itself is very important.